At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re Awesome…Here’s Why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
This position is an important part of our Administrative team. Your duties and responsibilities play a vital role in the daily accounting activities as well as providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the team. You will help support the firm through a variety of tasks and will be responsible for confidential and time sensitive materials.
Examples of the Duties
- New Client set-up
- Database maintenance
- Assistance with A/P and A/R
- Scanning and filing of paperwork
- Scheduling appointments/answering phones
- Special project support
- Excellent customer service
- Communicate with clients, employees, and other individuals to answer questions or explain information
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- 2+ years of experience in an office setting
- Hands-on learner, friendly with technology (QuickBooks knowledge is a plus!)
- Strong in multi-tasking, organization, and being detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Is comfortable and able to handle working in a fast-paced environment at certain times of the year
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
Other things we think you should know about the position
- Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Overtime hours may be needed from February to April and may be necessary with other deadlines
- Professional on-site office setting with client contact
- The office is closed at noon on Fridays from Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Located in our Willmar Office
We Want to See You Succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our client, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated, and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson
We help our employees succeed by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We also support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact [email protected] to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.