Who we are
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional services such as accounting services, auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to health care.
Accounting Services staff at Christianson complete a wide variety of accounting services including financial statement preparation, transaction processing, payroll processing and compliance, software consulting, and other outsourced accounting services under the supervision of Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers, and Partners.
Examples of the duties
- Prepare year-end work papers and assist accountants with the year-end procedures
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances, and financial statements using computer software
- Prepare compiled financial statements and agreed-upon procedures reports
- General ledger account reconciliations
- Prepare property and equipment schedules
- Maintain knowledge regarding SSARS regulations
- Accounting software consulting
- Processing of AP and AR transactions
- Ensure accurate preparation, processing, and documentation of multiple clients’ payroll according to each client’s pay period requirements including quarterly reporting requirements
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- A 2-year accounting degree is preferred with, 2-3 years of experience in related duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong in problem-solving, analytical skills, and being detail-oriented
- Can work independently but also work effectively with a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of the following programs: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
Other things we think you should know about the position
- This is a full-time position with benefits that can be either in-office or remote
- Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
We want to see you succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster, and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Perks of working at Christianson (and we’re not just talking about free coffee)
As stated above, we want our employees to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We make flexibility a priority and understand that geography does not need to be a barrier. Many of our professionals work remotely full-time or part-time and are successful, integrated members of our team. If you think you may be the right fit for our team but do not live in Central Minnesota, please ask about our remote work opportunities.
We support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.