Who We Are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
Here’s why we think you should work here!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Accounting Services – Payroll Specialist
Accounting Services staff at Christianson complete a wide variety of payroll processing, quarterly and year-end tax reporting and filings, and research activities under the supervision of Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers, and Partners. We are looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payrolls with multiple software programs and multiple companies.
Examples of the Duties
- Ensure accurate preparation, processing, and documentation of multiple clients’ payroll according to each client’s pay period requirements
- Compile and submit payroll deduction-related check requests and payments including federal and state payments, garnishments, 401(k), and the like
- Prepare quarterly and year-end tax reports and filings including W2 and 1099 preparation for multiple clients
- Able to pivot and adapt to work with multiple software programs and multiple company types
- Act as the primary contact for all customer payroll-related inquiries
- Stay current on payroll practices and legal compliance and share knowledge accordingly
- Inform clients of federal and state employment regulations and ensure they are meeting those requirements in applicable employment law (minimum wage, overtime, deductions, etc.) and applicable employment practices
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- A 2-year accounting degree is preferred with, at least 5 years of experience in related duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong in problem-solving, analytical skills, and being detail-oriented
- Ability to adapt to changing regulations
- Can work independently but also work effectively with a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of the following programs: Quick Books, Quick Books Online, Great Plains, Sage
Other things we think you should know about the position
- Work in an office setting
- Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Located in Litchfield or Willmar Office
We Want to See You Succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our client, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated, and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson
We help our employees succeed by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We also support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact [email protected] to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.