Who we are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re awesome….here’s why!
With our varied and challenging client base, Christianson provides a fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities in which we serve and live. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Tax Credit & Research Specialist
Our Specialist will have experience researching, evaluating, and responding to client specific questions to determine tax liabilities. They will share tax credits available and ensure that our clients know how to meet the requirements necessary to qualify for those credits. Our people deliver the best-in-class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
- Have deep industry knowledge regarding the application of tax credits
- Able to streamline the tax credit process and help limit the burden for the client and the rest of the tax team
- Electronically research tax issues and prepare position memos to be used during partner/client/IRS review
- Maintain knowledge of tax code changes
- Being a staff mentor and providing staff with a resource for questions including technical, procedural and professional issues
- Creating and delivering tax presentations to partners, clients, and staff
- Facilitating briefings of tax and A&A staff to keep the Firm abreast of new tax issues and incentives
- Actively participate in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA or EA preferred, or actively seeking either credential
- 5+ years of relevant experience in taxation services
- Strong technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills, and research skills
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
We want to see you succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships.
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and make adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson
At Christianson we want our employees to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few. We make flexibility a priority. We also provide teaching and training to our employees to help them gain the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Position can be located in one of our three offices in Willmar, Litchfield, or Paynesville, MN or can be a fully remote position.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Contact [email protected] to apply!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.