Who we are
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional services such as accounting services, auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness and manufacturing to biofuels and health care.
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance of giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Our Resource Officer will be responsible for developing and executing strategies that support our business operation goals. They will provide our staff with consistent and timely feedback and help them to reach their professional objectives. They will partner with Human Resources to develop and implement recruiting and retention plans.
- Meets with all employees on a regular basis, at least monthly, to discuss performance and to formulate career development plans
- Assesses the performance of employees and identifies areas of improvement
- Primary person to document performance and goals in accordance with HR standards and procedures
- Leads the Training Council and helps to develop training programs based on the Firm’s current needs
- Collaborate with HR team to develop/implement recruiting and retention plans and propose other initiatives, as needed
- Champions/facilitates positive relationships between employees and leaders
- Develops, analyzes, and evaluates quantitative and qualitative data, identifies areas of opportunity, and partners with the Scheduler to utilize staff in the most effective way
- Contributes to the long-term vision of the business, defines best practices, and documents processes
- Actively participate in business development and cultivating relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- Work on special projects as assigned
Required Qualifications and Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related discipline
- Proven experience in a Supervisor/Manager role
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Solid organizational, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- Display a high level of professionalism, integrity, and maturity
- Self-starter who works both independently and as part of a team to complete objectives
- Familiarity with how a CPA firm functions
We want to see you succeed
Our firm purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships.
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson
At Christianson we want our employees to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few. We make flexibility a priority. We also provide teaching and training to our employees to help them gain the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.