An Environmental Engineering Auditor at Christianson PLLP will plan, organize and perform complex environmental audits to assess compliance with federal and state environmental regulations. Will also provide advisory services when requested by clients to add value and improve the operations of their companies.
This position will also research, evaluate and summarize renewable fuel regulatory programs and standards and will assist with development of audit and verification programs for the renewable fuels industry.
- Plan audits using appropriate audit methodology and procedures
- Lead and/or participate in audits according to the approved annual audit plan
- Conduct site visits in order to assess facilities and operational procedures
- Conduct interviews and meetings
- Assess compliance with environmental permits, regulations and guidance
- Research environmental regulations and review publications for additional information relevant to environmental auditing
- Analyze audit documentation and data, and prepare reports of audit observations
- Work individually, or as part of an environmental audit team
- Provide advisory services to management on environmental areas as requested
- Perform other duties as requested
- Gain a basic understanding of the Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) and maintain knowledge of regulatory changes.
- Positively represent the firm by communicating effectively with clients and consistently uphold the company image.
- Serve as communication liaison between staff and managers/supervisors.
- Interact effectively with co-workers in the department and throughout the firm.
- Determine accounting needs and then recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial issues.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred Degree Disciplines: Environmental Sciences, Engineering or related scientific or technical disciplines
- One or two years of experience in environmental auditing preferred. (PE preferred) Intermediate Excel skills required.
Perks and Benefits for the Environmental Engineering Auditor
Our firm purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, and our communities. At Christianson PLLP we want our staff to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. One way we do this is by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefits offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few.
Some overnight travel is required. Mainly office setting, sometimes traveling to manufacturing or agricultural settings with dust and/or odors.
Christianson PLLP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to email@example.com .