Christianson PLLP is seeking a Lead Coordinator who will work with our Staff Accountants to prioritize workflow and encourage their career growth trajectory. This position works closely with management and department operations to allocate and manage people resources. The right candidate enjoys finding solutions and takes pride in coaching teammates forward.
- Do you have a passion for helping people succeed?
- Have you effectively managed schedules and people?
- Have you led groups or projects to completion?
- Can you anticipate needs?
To be most effective as a leader in this position, a predictable schedule and an on-site office in Willmar, Minnesota are needed. There is autonomy for occasional remote work and personal schedule flexibility. A background in accounting services and people management is ideal. This position reports to our HR Production Manager.
50% – Scheduling and Priority Monitoring
Wins occur every day when departments complete work efficiently and on time because staff are effectively aligned.
- Monitors weekly project shelves of Staff Accountants and Interns for their highest and best use of time assisting all departments and deadline priorities.
- Serves as the central teammate and peer among Department Operations Coordinators to plan and ensure expectations are being set for workload and resource sharing between departments.
- Meets with the HR Production Manager on a weekly basis to review key production reports and adjusts where necessary.
- Assists the tax team in monitoring workflow and deadline counts.
- Creates and maintains methods for communication to team(s).
50% – Management, Mentoring and Advisement of Staff Accountants and Interns
Wins occur when staff are promoted or begin to choose a career path to major in among our options.
- Mentors new staff who are beginning a career with professionalism.
- Purposefully connects staff to a variety of technical training and project work that allows them to make an informed choice of where to focus their career.
- Fosters an environment of flexibility and efficiency.
- Takes time monthly for each Staff Accountant to discuss their wellbeing and career path.
- Participates with Staff Accountants on annual performance reviews.
- Works with HR for hiring and onboarding plans.
- Problem-solving ability or confidence and critical thinking to initiate action without clear direction.
- Possesses above average communication skills.
- Uses questions for gaining understanding.
- Ability to decipher data and determine what it is missing.
- Talent for collaboration, inclusion and political leadership, rallying teams toward decision making and setting the pace for completion.
- Discipline to hold self and others to process and deadlines.
- Microsoft 365 knowledge is ideal.
- 3+ years of direct people management experience.
Other things we think you should know about the position
- This is considered a full-time position with benefits.
- Typical hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and we have the added perk of summer Fridays off.
Perks of working at Christianson
At Christianson we want our employees to succeed and to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few. We make flexibility a priority. We also teach and train our employees to help them gain the skills they need to achieve their goals.
We want to see you succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster, and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.