Who we are
Christianson PLLP is seeking a reliable Coordinator who is willing to help our office and accounting team effectively operate every day from the front desk of our lobby in Litchfield. This position connects with the entire team and is deeply impactful to the success of office operations.
This position is part of a larger administrative team and would be in communication with other office locations reporting to the Firm Administrator. There is a seasonal component of longer dedicated tax season winter and spring hours with more flexibility or lessened work hours in the summer and fall.
OFFICE & ACCOUNTING TEAM COORDINATOR
Office Coordinator (50% of time)
- Greets and serves as host to clients in the office.
- Schedules meetings, tracks calendars, and administratively prepares the team for client appointments.
- Assists in administrative follow-up after client meetings.
- Maintains client database and updates as needed.
- Promotes electronic delivery options, including scanning, SharePoint, and online client portals.
- Answer phones and routes switchboard calls.
- Coordinates incoming and outgoing mail distribution.
- Maintains office supply inventory and completes orders supplies when necessary.
- Performs or facilitates maintenance of office equipment including cleaning and repairs.
- Opens and closes the office or maintains a rotating team schedule.
- Assists with incoming and outgoing tax files.
- Runs clean-up projects and takes charge of improvements necessary.
- Coordinates team schedule for office coverage.
- Is willing to assist at other offices and travel between locations when needs arise.
- Serves on suggested operation teams or committees.
- Actively participates in business development and cultivates external relationships with networking to strengthen both self and the firm.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Accounting Team Coordinator (50% of time)
- Works directly with the Partner in charge of accounting services to ensure smooth administrative operations and support.
- Assists in the proposal and onboarding process for new clients.
- Organizes scheduling and workload arrangements for reoccurring and upcoming work.
- Assists with the 1099 and 8655 projects.
- Maintains QuickBooks Online administrative tasks.
- Monitors reports and deadline management for the team.
- Works with marketing on executing the department’s marketing plan.
- Assists with creating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Manages year end payroll client correspondence and engagement letters.
- Assists with quarterly payroll mailings and e-filings.
- Maintains master payroll and accounting projects lists including project assignments.
- A passion for customer service and pride in working with others.
- Ability to maintain tidy, organized workspaces and file structures.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, and quality control.
- Focus and follow through in multi-task situations.
- Problem-solving ability or confidence and critical thinking to initiate action without clear direction.
- Discipline to self-manage time and look ahead for others.
- Inclusion, leadership, or political talent for rallying teammates toward common goals.
- Technologically savvy or a quick hands-on learner is a must.
- Deep Microsoft 365 knowledge is ideal.
- Financial acumen, basic accounting, or tax knowledge is helpful.
Other things we think you should know about the position
- This is a full-time position with benefits that will work out of Litchfield, MN
- Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Perks of working at Christianson
At Christianson we want our employees to succeed and to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few. We make flexibility a priority. We also teach and train our employees to help them gain the skills they need to achieve their goals.
We want to see you succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster, and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.