A Seasonal Tax Preparer at Christianson PLLP prepares income tax return forms for individuals & businesses and reviews financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return. In this role, you will also compute taxes owed, and complete entries on forms and follow tax form instructions and tax tables utilizing company-provided tax software and hardware.
Essential Functions of a Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or businesses
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing effective customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Two or four year college degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum of one year of tax preparation. (CPA or EA a plus, but not required)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong problem solving and detail oriented
- Adaptable team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel and Word
This role is mainly in an office setting.
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to [email protected] .
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.