Who we are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
Why work at Christianson?
With our varied and challenging client base, Christianson provides a fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities in which we serve and live. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun.
Seasonal Tax Preparer: January – April
The Seasonal Tax Preparer prepares income tax return forms for individuals & businesses. This role also reviews financial records, such as prior tax return forms, income statements, and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare return. Computes taxes owed, and completes entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables utilizing company-provided tax software and hardware.
Examples of the Duties of the Seasonal Tax Preparer
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or businesses.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing effective customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
We want to See You Succeed
At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster, and build trusting relationships.
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Does this describe you?
- Two or four-year college degree in accounting preferred
- Minimum of one year of tax preparation (CPA or EA a plus, but not required)
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong problem solving and detail oriented
- Adaptable team player
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel and Word
Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to email@example.com .
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.