Willmar/Litchfield/Paynesville, MN office location or Remote
Are you someone that:
• Is ready to take on challenges and be a self-starter?
• Wants growth in their career?
• Is looking for a company to impress with their talents and be appreciated?
Who we are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional and we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Senior Accounting Specialist
Accounting Services staff at Christianson complete a wide variety of accounting services including financial statement preparation, transaction processing, software consulting and other outsourced accounting services under the supervision of Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers and Partners.
Examples of the Duties:
- Prepare year-end work papers and assist accountants with the year-end procedures.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances, and financial statements using computer software.
- Prepare compiled financial statements and agreed upon procedures reports.
- General ledger account reconciliations.
- Prepare property and equipment schedules.
- Maintain knowledge regarding SSARS regulations.
- Accounting software consulting.
- Processing of AP and AR transactions.
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- A 2- or 4-year accounting degree is preferred with at least 3 years of experience in related duties
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong in problem solving, analytical skills, and being detail oriented
- Can work independently but also work effectively with a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Knowledge of the following programs: QuickBooks, QuickBooks Online, Sage, Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains
Other things we think you should know about the position:
- This is a full-time position with benefits that can be located either in our Willmar, Litchfield, or Paynesville offices or can be Remote.
- Normal hours will be Monday-Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
We Want to See You Succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
We help our employees succeed by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include health care coverage, dental, Aflac, 401k, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We also support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.