A Staff Accountant at Christianson PLLP completes a wide variety of accounting, compliance, and tax assignments under the supervision of Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers and Partners.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or businesses
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing effective customer and personal services
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and simple financial statements using computer software
- Reconcile accounts to control accounts
- Perform scheduled computations of property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expenses
- Collect and prepare appropriate data for business tax and personal income tax returns
- Preparation of compiled, reviewed and audited financial statements
- Assist in proofing financial statements and other documents
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations to be in a position to offer client advice in coordination with the engagement team
- General bookkeeping and business consultation by researching and interpreting data
- Document, modify, and coordinate implementation of accounting systems and accounting control procedures
- Preparation of spreadsheets as deemed necessary
- To be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers or Partners
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Accounting degree; educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam a plus
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income tax
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel and Word
Perks and Benefits for the Full-Time Staff Accountant
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, and our communities. At Christianson PLLP we want our staff to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We enhance the lives of our team members through our benefits offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few.
- Mainly Office setting
- Overnight travel to client sites, meetings, and conferences will be required
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.