Who We Are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Staff Accountant Position
Staff Accountants at Christianson complete a wide variety of accounting, auditing, compliance, and tax assignments under the supervision of Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers and Partners.
Examples of the Duties
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, complete entries on forms, follow tax form instructions and tax tables
- Prepare or assist in simple to complex tax returns for individuals or businesses
- Collect and prepare appropriate data for business tax and personal income tax returns.
- Prepare year-end work papers and assist accountants with the year-end procedures.
- General bookkeeping and business consultation by researching and interpreting data.
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trial balances and simple financial statements in software
- Reconcile and monitor accuracy of various balance sheet accounts
- Preparation of compiled, reviewed, and audited financial statements and agreed upon procedures report
- Stay current on the tax industry’s always-changing regulations and policies
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers, or Partners
Qualifications & Characteristics
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting – educational requirements to sit for the CPA exam are a plus
- A well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income tax
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Strong in problem solving, analytical skills, and being detail oriented
- Can work independently but also work effectively with a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word
Other things we think you should know about the position
- Work mainly in an office setting, with travel (some overnight) to client sites, meetings, and conferences
- Travel will sometimes include manufacturing and agricultural settings with dust and/or odors
- Ability to work more hours during the annual busy season: January through April
We Want to See You Succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson (and we’re not just talking about free coffee)
We help our employees succeed by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We also support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of trainings and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.