As a Technical Writer at Christianson, you’ll work with a team focused on:
- Helping companies obtain incentives that will facilitate the growth, expansion, or diversification of their business.
- Providing them a portfolio of audit, assurance, and advisory compliance services, to protect their current operations.
With a focus on biofuels regulatory compliance, and business incentives like grants and tax credit you will:
- Gain an understanding of service concepts and opportunities within Christianson’s primary industries.
- Conduct research of new and existing programs.
- Utilize knowledge to formulate new service programs.
- Assist with the implementation of these programs and projects.
A successful applicant for this position will interact effectively with co-workers throughout the firm, and will have:
- A proven ability to present useable information in a concise manner which doesn’t require heavy rework by others. (~80% written, 20% verbal)
- The capacity to generate well-thought-out, creative, clear, and useful ideas which can be implemented with few or no amendments.
- Judgement to initiate action in the absence of clear direction, and discipline to self-manage projects to meet established deadlines.
- Experience collecting content and coordinating information flow with clients & internal resources.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency.
- Experience with concise and comprehensive writing and technical information and/or regulatory compliance is a plus.
Skills and Abilities:
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what others are saying, clarifying understanding, asking appropriate questions, and not interrupting.
- Active Learning — Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making situations.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reason to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Identifying ways to simplify and improve work systems and processes to achieve better results.
- Evaluation — Identifying measures or indicators of performance and the actions needed to improve or correct issues or processes.
- Coordination — Working collaboratively with team members in the department and in other areas of the firm.
- Time Management – Managing work to achieve results within budget and on time.
- Problem Sensitivity — Anticipating problems and taking action to prevent or minimize their impact.
- Deductive Reasoning — The ability to apply general rules to specific problems which ultimately produce logical answers.
- Oral/Written Comprehension — The ability to effectively, candidly and clearly communicate spoken and written information.
- Inductive Reasoning — The ability to combine thoughts and ideas to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
- Initiative: Recognizing the broader implications of a project; doing all that should be done, not just as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to [email protected] .
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.