At Christianson PLLP, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their continued success. We create clients for life.
Assurance and Advisory Senior Accountant
Assurance and Advisory Services professionals help clients address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. We provide our services for clients to address their transactional, regulatory and strategic needs. More specifically, we help our clients with support on complex accounting matters arising from regulatory or strategic business changes, such as adoption of new accounting standards in addition to on-call accounting advice. Our people provide the best in class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the Assurance and Advisory Senior Accountant
- Consulting on complex accounting transactions
- Ensuring quality work is performed timely and in compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Engaging client stakeholders, including audit committees and client management to identify, assess, and deliver timely and accurate advice
- Identifying regulatory and market trends that are applicable to clients and become a trusted advisor
- Being active in the market, building relationships within and outside of Christianson PLLP, and leveraging existing Christianson PLLP networks to identify new opportunities
- Collaborating within the Assurance and Advisory Services department, and across the firm’s other department personnel, to identify additional service opportunities on existing clients and providing an integrated Christianson PLLP experience to our clients
- Having an entrepreneurial mindset and contribute to growth of Assurance and Advisory Services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA a plus
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, assurance and advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance experience focusing on complex accounting transactions
- CPA preferred, or actively seeking CPA credential
- Strong technical skills and a deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites (occasionally overnight)
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
Are you ready to make an impact? Contact us today.