Biofuels Benchmarking™ is a subscription-based service that allows “currently producing” ethanol plants to access a vast database of anonymized industry data, insights, and reports.
It is a dynamic and innovative resource for industry knowledge created for the purpose of enhancing the ability to monitor, analyze, and improve their financial, operational, and environmental performance in over 300 areas.
108 facilities throughout the US and Canada have used the service to gain information and insight to measure, assess, compare, and enhance profitability. Knowing the “State of the Industry” for each area of your plant allows you to better see how certain changes and trends can cause benefit or harm.
- By making aggregated industry and competitor information available to subscribers in an accessible, usable, and comparative format, “Biofuels Benchmarking” is a powerful tool for empowered decision making.
- By placing a plant’s unique snapshot view of the ethanol production into a bigger picture of industry-wide trends, “Biofuels Benchmarking” establishes pre-requisite context for effectively diagnosing factors for differential performance.
- By observing trends and generating insight, decision makers can set priorities and improve processes. Plant leaders get the information they need to justify requests for resources and gain the attention of management.
Our data analysts are available to answer questions, interpret data, and determine factors that can improve operational and financial performance. This timely benchmarking information and our experienced analysts are your key to managing risk, identifying opportunities, and prioritizing resource use.
E-15 Subscription Details:
- Guaranteed confidentiality for all participants.
- Data is collected, verified, and released to subscribers on a quarterly basis.
- Plants enter financial and production data quarterly on a secure website within 30 days of quarter end. Christianson, PLLP analysts review data and reports are released within 45 days of quarter end.
- Subscriptions are made on an annual basis; include self-serve web access, standard and custom report generation, and two hours of full-service consulting from staff analysts.
- Annual “State of the Industry” Report: What are the general trends from the last 12 months, and where are things going next?
- Annual Labor Survey: Where does your plant stack up within the industry when it comes employee compensation by job title, salary, and benefit expenses?
Benchmarking Program Features:
- Use graphs to quickly visualize and compare performance.
- Simplify the process for financial data analysis requiring multiple calculations. View all of it at once or save report templates identifying the information most relevant to your plant.
- Create peer-groupings by size, location, feedstocks, and other demographics to pit your plant performance against competitors and get “apples to apples comparison” on the information that matters most (Industry Averages, Regional and Peer Groupings, Leaders and Laggards performance tiers).
- On site visits available for training, presentation, or interpretation for management, officers, and board.
- Work with your management teams to identify process changes
- Educate your finance committee
- Update your board members
- Remote training and troubleshooting support. Unlimited user accounts and tiered permissions controls.