Ever since the passage of the Agriculture Improvement Act (the 2018 Farm Bill) that legalized the farming of industrial hemp in the U.S., the Industrial Hemp Business Advisory Group at Christianson PLLP, which is part of Christianson PLLP’s Agribusiness Advisory group, has been working with organizations, both small and large, exploring new business opportunities around industrial hemp.
The Business Advisory Group at Christianson PLLP works with farmer groups and non-farmer groups interested in starting an industrial hemp operation to process fiber and hurd for manufactures of hemp products, such hempcrete and biopolymers for textiles and other use markets, or for groups interested in building a vertically-integrated industrial hemp processing business.
- Feasibility Services – Every business has its unique attributes. We consider these unique aspects to conduct customize feasibility studies to determine the market, technical, and financial attractiveness of your new industrial hemp business.
- Business and Market Planning Services – We write the business and marketing plan for your project initiative, and our plans are “Bankable,” meaning the plan is written in a way the bank or investors will accept.
- Business and Project Development Services – Clients often have a good idea for an industrial hemp business, but face challenges taking to take it to the next level. We work with clients to do just that; take the business to the next level and closer to reality.
- Funding Services – Developers of new projects all have one thing in common, “They need money!” As we have done for hundreds of clients over the years with an 85% success rate, we can find and apply for potential local, state, or Federal grants and/or loan guarantees to help fund your project.
- A large agricultural processor and larger farmer organization partnered to investigate establishing an integrated 26,200 acre industrial hemp farming and fiber processing facility
- Christianson conducted the market, technical, and financial feasibility study for the consortium that found an attractive business opportunity could exist. The boards of both consortium members are considering moving forward with the proposed project.
- A group of entrepreneurs were interested is building a new integrated 200 acre and 24,000 kilogram per year CBD extraction plant
- Members of our team conducted the market and technical assessments, and financial forecasting feasibility study that found an attractive business opportunity could exist under certain conditions. These entrepreneurs are currently signing up industrial hemp farmers and have asked Christianson to write the business and marketing plan.
- A Midwestern community group is interested is building a new integrated 300 acre industrial hemp facility to manufacture hempcrete
- Our team is currently conducting a agronomic study to help teach the group the best methods for cultivating industrial hemp for hempcrete, and investigating the costs associated with manufacturing hempcrete. This work is ongoing.
With over 30 years of experience providing consultative services to the agricultural industry, Industrial Hemp is a natural fit for our firm and our expertise. Contact our experts today to discuss your business plan.