Who we are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today, but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
Why work at Christianson
With our varied and challenging client base, Christianson provides a fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance in giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Senior Audit Accountant Position
Senior Audit Accounting Professionals help clients address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. We provide our services for clients to address their transactional, regulatory and strategic needs. More specifically, we help our clients with support on complex accounting matters arising from regulatory or strategic business changes, such as adoption of new accounting standards in addition to on-call accounting advice. Our people provide the best in class advice and build long-lasting relationships.
Examples of the duties
- Consulting on complex accounting transactions
- Ensuring quality work is performed timely and in compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements
- Engaging client stakeholders, including audit committees and client management to identify, assess, and deliver timely and accurate advice
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
- Identifying regulatory and market trends that are applicable to clients and become a trusted advisor
We want to see you succeed
At Christianson, we take special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster, and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
- Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Accountants, Supervisors, Managers, or Partners
How you can be part of our Team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred, or actively seeking CPA credential
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in providing financial statement audits, assurance and advisory services, or corporate accounting/finance experience focusing on complex accounting transactions
- Strong technical skills and a deep understanding of at least one to two specific industries
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service, technical writing skills and research skills
- Leadership skills and ability to motivate others in face of tight deadlines or complex situations requiring on the spot thinking
- Developmental skills to train and mentor team members
Benefits for the Full-time Senior Audit Accountant
Our firm’s purpose is to help people succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson we want our staff to succeed and in order to do that we need to set the stage for success. We do this by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, employee (and family) events to name just a few. We make flexibility a priority. We also provide teaching and training to our employees to help them gain the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Are you progressive and forward thinking? Review our current positions available and submit your resume to email@example.com .
Disclaimer: This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.