In January, Christianson sent out a summary of the US EPA’s proposed compliance deadline extensions for the Renewable Fuels Standard. The final rule was released on April 1. While EPA decided to extend the deadlines for obligated parties and small refineries, it declined to move the deadlines for RIN producers and RIN owners.
If you are registered as a RIN producer or owner it will be business as usual with your Q4 quarterly report submissions (which were due Mar. 31, 2021) and annual attest reports due June 1, 2021. Please reach out to our experts if you have further questions or if you need to engage us for your 2020 attest. For more information visit the EPA’s RFS Deadline Extensions webpage.
Start planning for your three-year RFS engineering reviews! Many participants in the RFS will have their third-party engineering reviews (ER) due on Jan. 31, 2022. There is a schedule posted on the EPA’s ER Update webpage. Christianson partners with many engineering firms across the US. If you need a referral to a PE, please reach out to us today to begin planning.
Upcoming Compliance Deadlines
- April 30, 2021 – Oregon CFP annual compliance reports due
- June 1, 2021 – US EPA RFS attest engagement reports due
- June 30, 2021 – Canada Renewable Fuels Regulations (RFR) annual audit reports due for importers and producers of renewable fuel
- Aug. 31, 2021 – California LCFS annual verification deadline
- Jan. 31, 2022 – US EPA RFS third-party engineering reviews due
As the go-to CPA firm for the low carbon economy, we are here to help you find solutions to your complex problems and help you achieve your business goals. Please contact us to speak to one of our experts and sign up for our LCFS Newsletter to get the latest updates.