Who We Are
Christianson, PLLP, a locally and nationally respected CPA and consulting firm, provides traditional accounting services such as auditing, tax, and estate planning to large and small clients across a variety of industries, from agribusiness to manufacturing to renewable fuels. We serve our clients by providing innovative solutions through our knowledge, experience, and vision. Christianson has developed a reputation as a trusted technology and services partner to the global biofuels industry. The majority of ethanol plants use one or more of our services including RIN consulting, technology solutions, and our groundbreaking biofuels benchmarking services.
At Christianson, we’re more than just your local accounting and consulting firm. We’re dedicated to getting to know our clients on a deeper level so that we can not only serve their needs today but also anticipate future needs and design custom solutions to ensure their success. We create clients for life.
We’re awesome…here’s why!
With our varied client base, Christianson provides a challenging and fast-paced work environment with a wide range of opportunities for our employees. There is boundless potential for advancement and further education. We’re proud to be a community-oriented firm and we value staff who understand the importance of giving back to the communities we serve and live in. We are professional, we work hard, but we also like to have fun. We enjoy time together in and out of work with planned socials, contests, and other events.
Regulatory Compliance Auditor
A Regulatory Compliance Auditor at Christianson PLLP will perform attestation engagements to determine, document, and test compliance of operational data with regulatory standards for the firm’s clients in accordance with the firm’s quality control procedures. This position will also research, evaluate and summarize renewable fuel regulatory programs and standards and will assist with the development of audit and verification programs for the renewable fuels industry.
Examples of the Duties
- Prepare attestation engagements in accordance with the standards established including the preparation of agreed-upon procedures and audit reports
- Collect and analyze data related to renewable fuel production facilities to determine compliance with regulations
- Gain a basic understanding of the EPA’s Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) and West Coast Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) and maintain knowledge of regulatory changes
- Validate pathways through our new Quality Assurance Program (QAP) under the Renewable Fuels Standard
- Research of new regulation releases to renewable fuels compliance programs and interpretation and summarization of the programs.
- Positively represent the firm by communicating effectively with clients and consistently upholding the company image
- Serve as communication liaison between staff and managers/supervisors
- Determine accounting needs and then recommend, develop, and maintain solutions to business and financial issues
- Be an active participant in business development and cultivate relationships to strengthen both yourself and the firm
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- A 2 or 4-year business, accounting, financial, management, or related field degree is preferred, but not required
- Willing to learn and become knowledgeable about Renewable Fuels
- Strong in problem-solving, analytical skills, and being detail-oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with clients and other staff
- Can work independently but also work effectively with a team
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including but not limited to Outlook, Excel, and Word; intermediate knowledge of Excel preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US
Other things we think you should know about the position
- Hours are normally Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm in your respective time zone
- Position can be remote or based out of any of our offices
- All technology equipment will be provided
- Mainly office setting, sometimes traveling to manufacturing or agricultural settings with dust and/or odors. Some overnight travel is required.
We Want to See You Succeed
Our firm’s purpose is to Help People Succeed, whether it be our clients, our co-workers, or our communities. At Christianson, we take a special interest in pursuing people who have the capacity and desire to help people succeed.
- We seek individuals who are technically strong, confident, personable, self-motivated, and who have a genuine interest in working with clients to help them achieve their goals
- We hire people that we can trust and empower to find unique solutions for complex problems
- We promote open sharing of information and transparency because it enables us to find solutions faster and build trusting relationships
- We hire people that are passionate about the work they do and strive to continuously improve by measuring results and making adjustments
- We hire individuals that will bring a new perspective and new experiences to our team
Perks of working at Christianson
We help our employees succeed by enhancing the lives of our team members through our benefit offerings which include: health care coverage, dental, Aflac, retirement savings, disability, PTO, and employee (and family) events to name just a few.
We also support the continuing education of our employees by covering the cost of training and annual licensing. Continued professional development helps our employees hone the skills that they need to achieve their goals.
Contact us directly at [email protected] to apply!
This job description reflects the assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
We are an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.